Chicago insurance attorney and entrepreneur David A. Bryant is a partner with Bryant Legal Group PC, where he concentrates his legal practice in civil litigation and business transactions, with an emphasis on disability insurance coverage for highly compensated professionals. He leverages his knowledge of the insurance industry – including actuarial underwriting, finance, reinsurance and state regulations – to the benefit of his clients and his unique experience managing the complicated interaction between both public and private insurance matters has enabled him to serve multi-billion dollar insurance companies as well as individually disabled Medicaid recipients. In addition, David manages a number of qui tam (“whistleblower”) or False Claims Act (FCA), Fraud Enforcement and Recovery Act of 2009 (FERA) and Affordable Care Act (ACA) matters, and advises colleagues and clients on issues related to the interaction between different state, federal and private benefits.
David has been named by Super Lawyers Magazines as an Illinois Super Lawyer from 2013-2017 and an Illinois Rising Star in 2008. He is proud to have received the Martindale-Hubbell AV® Preeminent™ rating and, in 2014 and 2015, he was recommended by his peers as a Leading Lawyer in the following areas of law: Employment Law-Employee, False Claims Act/Whistleblower Law and Social Security Disability Law. Russell W. Hartigan, ISBA President-Elect, has also appointed David A. Bryant to serve as a Member of the ISBA Insurance Law Section Council for 2017-2018.
David serves as corporate counsel to a number of physician groups, managing medical practice claims, employment matters, compliance and billing cycle reimbursement from both private and public insurance entities.
- ISBA Insurance Law Section Council, Member, 2017-2018;
- Illinois State Bar Association, Member;
- Illinois Trial Lawyers Association (ITLA), Member;
- Federal Bar Association (FBA), Member; and
- American Association for Justice (AAJ), Member.
Honors & Awards
- Illinois Super Lawyers, Super Lawyers Magazines, 2013-2017
- Illinois Rising Stars, Super Lawyers Magazines, 2008
- Leading Lawyer in the following areas of law: Employment Law-Employee, False Claims Act/Whistleblower Law, and Social Security Disability Law, 2014-2015
- AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review Rated SM by Martindale-Hubbell®
Publications and Presentations
- Panelist “Discovery in ERISA Cases as Discretionary Clauses are Slowly Fading Out and Insurers are Relying on De Novo Review, How the Amendments to the Federal Rules of Civil Procedure Will Impact Discovery, Administrative Review, and Proportionality Issues,” Presented at the American Conference Institute, 19th Annual Conference on Litigating Disability Insurance Claims, Boston, Massachusetts, September 16, 2016.
- Panelist “The Discovery Battle Continues: The Current Scope and Limitations of Discovery in Disability Claim Actions, and Tactics and Strategies, for Securing Meaningful and Useful Discovery for Your Case,” Presented at the American Conference Institute, 16th Annual Conference on Litigating Disability Insurance Claims, New York, New York, January 24, 2014.
- Panelist “Procedure: A Focus on Early Resolution (ADR, Mediation, and Settlement) and Venue & Removal,” Presented at the American Conference Institute, 16th Annual Conference on Litigating Disability Insurance Claims, New York, New York, January 23, 2014.
- Co-author and presenter of “Functional Capacity Evaluations from the Insured’s Perspective,” Presented at the American Conference Institute, 15th Annual Conference on Litigating Disability Insurance Claims, New York, New York, January 24, 2013.
- Co-author and presenter of “Insurance Bad Faith Cases from the Plaintiff’s Perspective,” Presented at the American Bar Association Tort Trial & Insurance Practice Section, Midwinter Symposium on Life, Health, Disability & ERISA, Ft. Lauderdale, Florida, January 18, 2013.
- Ominia Institute for Contextual Leadership, Board of Directors, 2015-2017
- Catholic Charities USA, Social Policy and Finance Committees, 2011-2015
- Chicago Volunteer Legal Services, Board of Directors, 2000-2002
- Daley, DeBofsky & Bryant, Founding Partner, 2002-2013