David A. Bryant is a solution-oriented lawyer with over 25 years of experience in the legal, medical, and insurance fields. As a partner at Bryant Legal Group, he concentrates his practice on civil litigation and insurance disputes with an emphasis on disputed health coverage and disability insurance for highly compensated professionals. David leverages his knowledge of the insurance industry to the benefit of his clients, helping them recover hundreds of millions in denied insurance benefits.
Due to his unique experience managing the complicated interaction between both public and private insurance matters, billing, coding, and posting, and revenue cycle management, he has become a trusted resource for both small and large medical organizations. He serves as corporate counsel to several physician groups, managing their medical practice claims, employment issues, compliance, and billing cycle reimbursement.
In addition, David advises colleagues and clients on federal and state compliance related to Medicare and Medicaid.
- ISBA Insurance Law Section Council, Member, 2017-2018;
- Illinois State Bar Association, Member;
- Illinois Trial Lawyers Association (ITLA), Member;
- Federal Bar Association (FBA), Member; and
- American Association for Justice (AAJ), Member.
- Kane County Bar Association (KCBA), Member
Honors & Awards
- Illinois Super Lawyers, Super Lawyers Magazines, 2013-2017
- Illinois Rising Stars, Super Lawyers Magazines, 2008
- Leading Lawyer in the following areas of law: Employment Law-Employee, False Claims Act/Whistleblower Law, and Social Security Disability Law, 2014-2015
- AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review Rated SM by Martindale-Hubbell®
Publications and Presentations
- Panelist “Discovery in ERISA Cases as Discretionary Clauses are Slowly Fading Out and Insurers are Relying on De Novo Review, How the Amendments to the Federal Rules of Civil Procedure Will Impact Discovery, Administrative Review, and Proportionality Issues,” Presented at the American Conference Institute, 19th Annual Conference on Litigating Disability Insurance Claims, Boston, Massachusetts, September 16, 2016.
- Panelist “The Discovery Battle Continues: The Current Scope and Limitations of Discovery in Disability Claim Actions, and Tactics and Strategies, for Securing Meaningful and Useful Discovery for Your Case,” Presented at the American Conference Institute, 16th Annual Conference on Litigating Disability Insurance Claims, New York, New York, January 24, 2014.
- Panelist “Procedure: A Focus on Early Resolution (ADR, Mediation, and Settlement) and Venue & Removal,” Presented at the American Conference Institute, 16th Annual Conference on Litigating Disability Insurance Claims, New York, New York, January 23, 2014.
- Co-author and presenter of “Functional Capacity Evaluations from the Insured’s Perspective,” Presented at the American Conference Institute, 15th Annual Conference on Litigating Disability Insurance Claims, New York, New York, January 24, 2013.
- Co-author and presenter of “Insurance Bad Faith Cases from the Plaintiff’s Perspective,” Presented at the American Bar Association Tort Trial & Insurance Practice Section, Midwinter Symposium on Life, Health, Disability & ERISA, Ft. Lauderdale, Florida, January 18, 2013.
- Food Fix Foundation, Board Member, 2020-present
- OMNIA Institute for Contextual Leadership, Board of Directors, 2015-2017
- Catholic Charities USA, Social Policy and Finance Committees, 2011-2015
- Chicago Volunteer Legal Services, Board of Directors, 2000-2002
- Daley, DeBofsky & Bryant, Founding Partner, 2002-2013