Jennifer Danish Back To Our Team
Jennifer Danish disability lawyer is the managing partner of Bryant Legal Group PC. She spends her time handling ERISA long term disability administrative appeals and litigation, individual disability income policy applications, appeals, and litigation, other insurance matters, as well as False Claims Act litigation.
Jennifer joined Daley, DeBofsky & Bryant in October 2003 after receiving her Bachelor in Arts from Loyola University-Chicago. While gaining valuable experience during the day at Daley, DeBofsky & Bryant, Jennifer attended John Marshall Law School in the evenings and earned her Juris Doctor in December 2008. Jennifer was admitted to practice law in Illinois in May 2009.
She actively participates as Chair of in the Chicago Bar Association Social Security Law Committee 2016-2017, as a member in the American Bar Association (ABA), as Chair-Elect of the ABA TIPS Health & Disability Insurance Law Committee 2016-2017, and as a Vice Chair of the Social Security Section of the American Association of Justice (formerly the Association of Trial Lawyers of America) 2016-2017. Her recent topics of national publications and presentations include: ERISA, discovery, state discretionary prohibition bans, mediation/alternative dispute resolution, insurance bad faith, Social Security disability, Medicare set-asides, and long term care coverage.
In her free time, Jennifer is a volunteer for the Illinois Lawyers’ Assistance Program, Inc.
Most Recent and Upcoming Presentations, Materials, and Publications:
- Author, “Changes to the Social Security Retirement Landscape,” Social Security Disability Law Newsletter, Summer 2016.
- Author and presenter of “How to Survive as a Social Security Disability Attorney When Your Client Is Public Enemy Number One and Whether to Diversify Your Practice,” Presented to the Social Security Disability Law Section at AAJ’s Annual Convention, Los Angeles, California, July 23, 2016.
- Author and presenter of “ERISA and Elder Law” and “Long Term Care,” Presented at Lorman Education Seminar, Medicaid and Elder Law: Representing Clients in a New Legal Landscape, Naperville, Illinois, August 9, 2014.
- Author and presenter of “Social Security Disability & Medicare,” Presented at IICLE’s Workers’ Compensation Institute, Chicago, Illinois, February 4, 2014, and Springfield, Illinois, February 26, 2014.
- Co-author and presenter of “ERISA and Elder Law” and “Long Term Care,” Presented at Lorman Education Seminar, Medicaid and Elder Law: Representing Clients in a New Legal Landscape, Springfield, Illinois, November 14, 2013.
- Author of “Case Note re Kenseth v. Dean Health Plan, Inc.,” Published in the American Bar Association Tort Trial & Insurance Practice Section Newsletter, June 2013.
- Co-author of “Functional Capacity Evaluations from the Insured’s Perspective,” Presented at the American Conference Institute, 15th Annual Conference on Litigating Disability Insurance Claims, New York, New York, January 24, 2013.
- Co-author of “Insurance Bad Faith Cases from the Plaintiff’s Perspective,” Presented at the American Bar Association Tort Trial & Insurance Practice Section, Midwinter Symposium on Life, Health, Disability & ERISA, Ft. Lauderdale, Florida, January 18, 2013.